Autodesk (San Francisco)
Jan 2015 - Now
Cloud Development Technical Lead for Autodesk Health Dashboard: https://health.autodesk.com, and a variety of microservices: ACM, SLA/SLI running on AWS (lambda, elasticsearch, athena, S3, knesis, cloudfront, etc).
May 2013 - Dec 2014
Technically leading and building the Autodesk Developer portal: https://developer.autodesk.com, technical stacks including Python, Django/Flask, nodejs, Shell, C#, MongoDB/Cassandra, Docker, Mesos, ZooKeeper, etc.
May 2012 - Apr 2013
Core Developer of ThoughtWorks China Cloud platform based on OpenStack.
Core Developer of Diamond Subscription website of Real estate Australia, built with Ruby on Rails.
- Server side architecture refactoring, module decoupling, significantly improved readability and maintainability.
- Improved client page loading performance by leveraging CDN and fingerprint for static files, the average loading time reduced 40%.
SAP Labs Shanghai
Dec 2011 - Apr 2012
Led a frontend team which prototyped HTML5 client of SAP Business One® OnDemand Control Center.
- Defined/implemented RESTful OData web APIs based on WCF.
Hewlett-Packard (PSG - Consumer Experience)
Mar 2009 - Dec 2011
As a tech lead, I led a development team in Shanghai cooperated with US team on
delivering several HP Software Products.
- Led Web frontend development team developing a software purchasing pre-installed software.
- Developed HP Total Care Advisor®. TCA is a WPF application based on
.NET Framework 3.5 written in C#, our team independently developed a number of new
features of it and delivered version 3.3 and 3.4 to the market.
- Took three weeks business trip to Cupertino, CA, met co-workers, participated a
serial of training, and helped to release TCA 3.4.
- Developed HP Customer Experience Enhancement - HP Ceement, it is a
Winform application (C# 2.0) periodically sends anonymous data (including machine
profile, user operations on HP software, etc.) to the business marketing team.
Beyondsoft (Onsite to Microsoft)
Senior Software Engineer
Jan 2008 - Feb 2009
Worked in Microsoft Redmond Campus for three projects.
- WM Captaris is a Zune license management system used within eLive WM License
team, I worked as a consultant engineer, fixed many functional/security bugs in
the system, at the mean time I developed a number of new features based on the new
- As a team lead leading two developers developed MSN Video Catalog Editorial Tool
for eHome team (Windows Media Center), it devoted on managing the Catalog content
XML with a user-friendly manner, providing image uploading, video playback, changes
submit preview and other functionalities.
- Worked with DevDiv team in building 41, wrote C# automation testing Library (based
on MAUI and RPF) for Visual Studio 2010 MSDN Help Viewer, maintained test
cases in Maddog.
Shanghai-Digital Information Technology Co., Ltd
ASP/ASP.NET Web Developer
Jul 2005 - Nov 2007
As an offshore outsourcing engineer of Kintera, I participated in 4 projects:
Import Center: it is a complex CSV importing/analysis/interpreter web system
with 6 wizards, guiding Kintera Sphere users imports their CSV files into Sphere
DB by their preferences.
- Transaction Platform: a brand new, low-level financial transaction class
library employing O/R Mapping mechanism, I was the key developer, wrote 60% C# code
and helped increased the unit test code coverage to 95%. TP delivered in 3 months
(2 months ahead) with widely believed high quality.
- Financial Link Lite: FLL enhanced existing systems, including more efficient
Web Service APIs, re-designed web UI and new Ajax interactions.
Single Gift Entry: SGE provides a batch import portal of Gift for Kintera
customers, the client adopts Ajax to retrieve data from Web Service in an asynchronous
manner to improve user experience.